Friday, January 15, 2010

Cured That


For quite awhile, like most babies, Roman has had an obsession with making out with the washcloth during baths. Going through the bathroom drawer searching for a towel, I find the washcloth puppet (in the image of a monster) that came with one of his hooded towels.

Apparently I threw it in a drawer when he was itty bitty not needing it. So I thought to myself.. let's see if he likes it now!

So Roman is happily making out with his washcloth in his bath, I slip on the "monster" and dip him in the bath. Roman is eyeballing me at this point, looks back at the monster, I move it around in the water and start washing his legs with it. He's unsure at this point, I bring it up and begin "talking" with it. "Hi! My name is Slappy, I'm gonna tickle you!"

He panics! Panics! He starts sliding all around reaching for me, busts out in tears. Fuck. I've scarred him for life. Tell you what though, dropped those other two washcloths quick! Didn't pick 'em back up either. Cured that obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment