Saturday, February 27, 2010

Insurance Not Needed


So, basically since Roman was born (maybe around 5 weeks or so) I've been adament about having a freezer stash of breastmilk "just in case". This did come in handy when I was back at work, Ryan would rotate through the old while I pumped and froze the new. Then when I quit and started staying home, it just wasn't needed.

Some of that milk now is probably either near, or already bad. I've tried using some to give to Roman in his sippy, but he gulps down anything (water or breastmilk) in his sippy, and I don't want to replace a feeding with it. I.can't.throw.it.away. I just can't.

I was talking to a good friend about my little dilemma and she said something that stuck with me.
"That freezer stash was your insurance policy in case something bad happened, you got sick, etc. You didn't have to use it. That's a good thing, and if you have made it to the point where its been frozen long enough that it's now bad, well, it's done it's job."

Agreed. Now keep in mind, I still can't bring myself to throw it away yet. But I don't feel bad anymore about it sitting in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment